Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 59

DVD - Max Cardio Interval

I finally got the Floor Switch Kicks! This is the move where your hands and feet are on the floor and you're making something of a table with your torso, belly up. Then you alternately kick your feet off of the floor with a hop so that at points both your feet are off the ground. It's fucking hard to hold yourself up on your arms and not crash land on your ass (as I did a few times) when both your feet are off the ground, because your center of gravity is in your hips, lower abs and buns. I wasn't strong enough to do it for long until tonight. I generally modified this move so that I was going slower, bringing my leg up higher, and always keeping one foot on the floor. This is a modification made by some of the people in the video, too. Remember, form trumps speed.

Overall, tonight was the best I have done with any of these workouts. I lagged a little the last two nights, but tonight I gave it my all and did more of each move at a faster pace than I've ever managed before. 59 days of Insanity has definitely made me more fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment