Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 63 - Final Fit Test

DVD -Fit Test
+ 2.5 miles of walking

That's it. I am officially done with my boot camp!

I really didn't think I'd see much improvement from my last Fit Test. Just goes to show, I under-estimated myself (and Shaun T and his Insanity program).

Links to previous Fit Tests:
First Fit Test
Fit Test # 2
Fit Test # 3
Fit Test # 4

Today's Results
Switch Kicks 70 (+ 0)
Power Jacks 78 (+ 8)
Power Knees 128 (+ 4)
Power Jumps 58 (+ 6)
Globe Jumps 11 (+ 1)
Suicide Jumps 24 (+ 2)
Push-up Jacks 34 (+ 5)
Low Plank Oblique 74 (+ 6)

My improvement since the beginning:

Switch Kicks (due to the counting snafu of Fit Test #1, I'm not including this figure)
Power Jacks (+ 23)
Power Knees (+ 27)
Power Jumps (+ 26)
Globe Jumps (+ 6)
Suicide Jumps (+ 8)
Push-Up Jacks (+ 14)
Low Plank Oblique (+ 28)

I'm actually pretty impressed with myself. If you'll remember back in the beginning, my first results were fairly in line with Tanya's, +/- a few reps in most cases. That continues to be true now that I've been following the program for 63 days. In many cases, I came from 1 or 2 reps behind Tanya, to 1 or 2 reps more. I'd be less impressed I didn't know how hard I fought for those extra couple of reps.

In some cases, such as Globe Jumps, she started way ahead of me (she did 9 full reps, or 36 jumps her first time out, I did 5 full reps, or 20 jumps total) but ended in the same place (11 full reps, 44 jumps). So my improvement in this was better than hers, but that's because I was so much less fit the first time around. Still, to have come from 4 reps/16 jumps behind to ending in the same place in 63 days is an amazing testament both to my efforts and to the workout. Thanks, Shaun T!

Stay tuned for a more introspective post in the next couple of days. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off work to give myself a "Spa Day", complete with massage and new haircut.

1 comment:

  1. I never doubted that you would achieve your goal. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete