Sunday, February 7, 2010

Day 35 - Fit Test #3

DVD - Fit Test
+ 3.5 miles of walking


1st Fit Test Results
Fit Test # 2 Results

These are my latest results, showing how many more reps I've managed to gain since Fit Test # 2:

Switch Kicks 69 (+ 3)
Power Jacks 63 (+ 1)
Power Knees 119 (+ 3)
Power Jumps 44 (+ 6)
Globe Jumps 9 (+ 2)
Suicide Jumps 20 (+ 2)
Push-up Jacks 26 (+ 3)
Low Plank Oblique 60 (+ 10)

My improvement since the beginning

Switch Kicks (because of the counting and math snafu, I'm not including this figure)
Power Jacks (+ 8)
Power Knees (+ 18)
Power Jumps (+ 12)
Globe Jumps (+ 4)
Suicide Jumps (+ 4)
Push-Up Jacks (+ 6)
Low Plank Oblique (+ 14)

So I improved in every category, in some more than others. Interestingly, with Power Jumps, Globe Jumps, Suicide Jumps and Push-up Jacks I have improved by the same number of reps between each of the Fit Tests.

I think I may have pretty much topped out on the number of Power Knees I'm going to be able to do. I improved by +15 from the 1st Fit Test to the 2nd, but only by +3 between the 2nd and 3rd. I feel like my leg is moving at jack-hammer speed already, I don't know that I can make it go much faster. I assume there will be a little bit of improvement over the course of the next 4 weeks, but I doubt there will be another +15.

There was a pretty big advancement in my Low Plank Oblique this time. I improved by +4 from the 1st Fit Test to the 2nd, but by +10 from the 2nd to the 3rd. And that was with stopping twice to wipe down my forearms, which were sweating so much that my arms were sliding on the floor in the low plank position

Tomorrow the really Insane workouts begin. I previewed the warm-up of the first workout, Max Interval Cardio, and I now know that it is indeed almost a full 60 minutes (it comes in at 59:40). The warm-up has gotten rid of some of the moves that can be done at really fast pace (Heismanns, Butt Kicks, Mummy Kicks) and replaced them with moves that fall more into the realm of Plyo. So I know the warm-up will be harder. I stopped it without watching the rest. I'm worried, but I'm also looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment