Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 15 - Fit Test #2

DVD - Fit Test

This is my second Fit Test, taken exactly 2 weeks after I started Insanity.

For my pre-Insanity results on January 3, click here

Below are the results of Fit Test # 2, with the change from the first Fit Test in parantheses.

Switch Kicks 65 (-13)
Power Jacks 62 (+ 7)
Power Knees 116 (+15)
Power Jumps 38 (+ 6)
Globe Jumps 7 (+ 2)
Suicide Jumps 18 (+ 2)
Push-up Jacks 23 (+ 3)
Low Plank Oblique 50 (+ 4)

As you can see, I improved in every category except for the switch kicks, which leads me to believe I counted incorrectly the first time around. Either that or I wasn't doing them with proper form the first time and so was able to do more. I do know that I initially did the math wrong. The Switch Kick requires you to jump from foot to foot with a kick repeatedly, and 1 rep involves kicking both legs. I initially counted 136, then divided that by 2 to get the right number of reps. Only I did the math when I was still wheezing and feeling like I was going to fall over, sans calculator, and my math was wrong. If I did 136 kicks, that's 68 reps, not 78. Even with that miscalculation, I still think I must have counted wrong. It doesn't make sense that it would be the one area where I not only didn't improve, but back-slid.

Some of my improvements may seem miniscule (+2 or +3 reps) but the thing to note is that these improvements are in the moves that were super difficult to begin with, or as in the case of Globe Jumps, multiple moves within 1 rep (so a +2 improvement corresponds to 8 more times launching my body from a squat position and returning to said position a few feet away). One thing I noticed, is that I felt stronger during each exercise and like I was doing a better job of keeping the correct form for each exercise.

The other thing I noticed while I was doing the Fit Test this time around is that Shaun says that the two people in the Fit Test video (Tania & Chris) have already completed 60 days of Insanity by the time this DVD was filmed. That made me happy, because going into it I thought they were at the 2 week mark like I was today and I hadn't improved nearly as much as they did. But knowing they had completed the full course of Insanity was good - I'm pretty well on target to match their improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment