Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 49 - Fit Test # 4

DVD - Fit Test

The following are my Fit Test results, with the improvement from Fit Test #3 in parentheses:

Switch Kicks 70 (+ 1)
Power Jacks 70 (+ 1)
Power Knees 124 (+ 5)
Power Jumps 52 (+ 8)
Globe Jumps 10 (+ 1)
Suicide Jumps 22 (+ 2)
Push-up Jacks 29 (+ 3)
Low Plank Oblique 68 (+ 8)

My improvement since the beginning:

Switch Kicks (because of the counting and math snafu, I'm not including this figure)
Power Jacks (+ 15)
Power Knees (+ 23)
Power Jumps (+ 20)
Globe Jumps (+ 5)
Suicide Jumps (+ 6)
Push-Up Jacks (+ 9)
Low Plank Oblique (+ 22)

2 weeks from today I will take this Fit Test for the 5th and last time as part of the 63-day Insanity boot camp.

I can’t believe how much of an improvement I made in some of the exercises! The intensity of the workouts these last 2 weeks has clearly made a big difference.

I did 8 more Power Jumps this time. My improvement between previous Fit Tests had been 6. Overall, I’ve improved by 20 reps since the pre-Insanity Fit Test. I improved by 7 Power Jacks, which surprised me since I’d only improved by 1 rep last time AND my knees had been so sore when I’d tried them yesterday (today they didn’t bother me at all).

When we do our Switch Kicks, the chart that came inside the Insanity package says that 2 kicks = one rep. I’ve only improve by 1 rep each time, while the girl in the video (Tanya) has improved by 30, which according to the chart would mean 60 more kicks. I’ve been thinking for a while there was something off with their count here, because she says she started at 80 and after the 9 weeks is at 110.

80 reps means 160 kicks. 110 reps means 220 kicks. That just isn’t physically possibly (or so I tell myself as I look at my measly 70 reps). Done for a minute, that means she’s doing somewhere between 3 and 4 kicks a second.

I call bullshit just on the math.

Today after I was done I decided I was going to count the number of kicks they did on the video. This was made a little hard because the cameras switch back and forth between Tanya & Chris (the guy in the video) doing the kicks, but I figure I’d just count every kick I saw between the two of them for an average. Counting Chris alone would make the number smaller - he doesn’t move quite as fast as Tanya. Conversely, counting Tanya alone would have slightly raised the numbers.

I counted 116. Kicks, not reps. Divided by 2 to get reps, that’s 58 reps.

They simply must be counting kicks, not reps. If so, and I am convinced it IS so, I’m pretty happy with my 140 kicks today. Even if it is only 2 more kicks, 1 little rep more, I’m still kicking the ass of the two Beach Body coaches on the DVD. Take that, Tanya & Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment