Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 39

DVD - Cardio Recovery

I would love to tell you about the Max Recovery workout I was supposed to do this evening, but I was unable to do it. I will continue to be unable to do it, because the DVD it is on is defective. Max Recovery is supposed to be the 2nd chapter on the DVD with Cardio Recovery - but the workout won't play. It seems like it is about to start, and then just goes back to the top menu. This is the 3nd DVD this happened to. The first time it was the Cardio Abs workout that wouldn't play after Cardio Power & Resistance. I previewed the remaining two bonus DVDs (ones that can be subbed for the workouts in month 2) and they are jacked, too. They play, but they jump all over the place, from 12 minutes left to 49 minutes left to 16 minutes left to 32 minutes left. They have no starting warm-up because when you start, you're already 15 minutes into the workout, then you go back to 7 minutes, then to 28.

I now realize the copy of the workout I purchased is a pirated copy from China. I just assumed it was being sold cheaper by a wholesaler or by someone who'd bought a bunch of them in bulk. I've seen a few others complain about the DVDs not working, or being scrambled, and these folks also bought them cheaper and not from BeachBody directly. If and when I purchase more Beach Body workouts, I'm going to bite the bullet and order the full cost version from them.

Since I couldn't do Max Recovery, I just did Cardio Recovery again. I don't know what I'm missing between the two, but Max Recovery was supposed to be for 50 minutes and Cardio Recovery is 35. From now on, I'm going to add Cardio Abs to Cardio Recovery so I get the same number of minutes from a low intensity workout I was to get with Max Recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment