Saturday, February 6, 2010

Days 33 & 34

DVD - Core Cardio & Balance (both days)
+ 3.5 miles of walking (Saturday only)


Well, that is pretty much it for the Recovery Week. Next week begins the final, super intense phase. I have to admit I'm a little scared about what's to come. I've already pushed myself harder than I thought I could, and the next set of workouts is going to ask me to push myself even harder, to dig deeper into my willpower and fight my way through my body's desire to quit.

This isn't the last I'll see of Core Cardio & Balance, though. It gets worked into the rotation a couple of times during the last 4 weeks.

I'm supposed to do the Fit Test again on Monday immediately before I do the first of the Max workouts, Max Interval Circuit. This DVD is "approx. 60 min" which probably means that it is closer to 55 minutes. But 55 minutes is 14 minutes longer than any of the other workouts I've done (except on the combo Pure Cardio + Cardio Abs days). The insert that came with the DVD set bills this workout as "Yes, the interval circuits get even harder".

Even harder? What does that mean? The moves are harder? The interval circuits are longer? There are more interval circuits? I guess I'll find out on Monday.

But the not knowing has me not wanting to do the Fit Test right before this workout. I know from my previous two experiences with the Fit Test that even though it is only a 16 minute workout with 8 of those minutes being super, super intense. The whole point is to push yourself as hard as possible through each of the 8 exercises and do as many reps as you can. It's physically exhausting, and I want to have all my stores of strength for the Max Interval Circuit.

What all of this means is that instead of honoring the Sunday rest day tomorrow, I'm going to do the Fit Test.

I suspect this means I'll be ready to collapse next Saturday after my last of the first week of Max workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment