Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 54

DVD - Max Interval Circuit

This was the first chance to really test my new resolve. I took advantage of the fact that it is Friday and managed to leave the office a few minutes before 5:00. I was home a little after 5:30 and started the workout just a little before 6:00.

I left my heart on the floor tonight. To take a phrase from my favorite "reality" TV series "America's Best Dance Crew", I killed it. I don't mean that I made it all the way through the work-out without breaks or anything. I just felt like I actually did more of the workout than I have in the past. More of each exercise in the interval circuits, more of the bonus moves. Partly I'm more conditioned now so I can push myself harder and keep my heart rate up at close to its peak level. But I think I finally figured out the key on Wednesday during Max Cardio Conditioning. The key being: don't stop unless I really just can't push myself through without a break. If I slow down first rather than just stop and move more deliberately while executing the move with good form rather than cardio speed I can pick up the pace when I've recovered a bit, and my heart rate doesn't begin to plummet like it does if I just stop.

Funny how it took me 52 days to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment