Sunday, February 28, 2010

Days 55 & 56


DVD - Core Cardio & Balance (Day 55)
DVD - None, + 6 miles of walking (Day 56)


Yesterday (Day 55) was pretty uneventful. Core Cardio and Balance is a good workout, but not challenging like the interval workouts and Pure Cardio/Max Cardio Conditioning. I did it, it was fine, yadda yadda yadda.

Today I walked to Berkeley Bowl (my favorite grocery store EVER) and back to do grocery shopping (2.4 miles), walked around Lake Merritt with a friend (3.4 miles), and to the laundromat and back 3 times (at least .2 miles). Lots-o-walkin'.

I did my bi-weekly measurement check in again today. Apparently I was wrong when I conjectured the inches lost would increase during the 2nd month. No big uptick in the inches lost - in fact, there has been less change since the last measurement check then there was between any of the rest. Only another 1/2 inch of my waist, for a total of 3.5. Another 1/2 inch from my chest and 1/4 inch from my hips. These aren't the losses I was hoping for at this point, but I'm almost done so it's not like I'm going to give up in frustration.

I mean, what the fuck. I'm going to stop with a week left because I've only lost 3.5 inches from my waist and not close to 5?

No.

What I'm going to do is accept the fact that there are no magic bullets, 9 weeks isn't long enough to see the results I was hoping to see, and keep progressing toward my goal with my post-Insanity plans. Because ultimately I am happy with my efforts to date and impressed with my level of commitment. I'll reach my goals, even if it takes a little longer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment