Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 53

DVD - Cardio Recovery

It was yoga night again, so I didn't try to make sure I left work right at 5:00. I won't do this workout again before the end of the 63-day program. Next week on Thursday instead of Cardio Recovery, I do Core Cardio & Balance. I'm pretty sure I just won't do Cardio Recovery again. There isn't anything wrong with it, I just think I won't need a yoga stretch to offset 5 other days of crazy Insanity cardio because I won't be doing 5 crazy Insanity cardio workouts per week.

So what will I be doing?

Well, for the first week, I'm going to take a little break. Not a complete break, I just won't do any of the intense Insanity workouts, and I won't workout 6 days. I'm thinking 4 days sounds good. For those 4 days, I'll do Core Cardio & Balance, and maybe Cardio Abs once or twice.

The week after the week after Insanity, I start Shaun T's other series, Hip Hop Abs. I just ordered the DVDs. This set is a 30 day program, also 6 days per week, but the workouts aren't as long or as intense. One of the DVDs is only 13 minutes. I figure, even though I'm not much of a morning person, on the days when I have the short workout I can do them in the morning, that way I am not sacrificing all of my nights during the week to working out. I love to dance so I am excited about the prospect of dancing as a workout.

And after Hip Hop Abs? Then I start alternating running and DVDs. I'm thinking a weekly schedule where I do 1 Insanity workout, 1 Hip Hop Abs workout (or two of the short ones) and running 2 days for 30 - 45 minutes sounds pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment