Sunday, January 10, 2010

And on the 7th Day, I rested

DVD - None

Having a day to off from Insanity was nice, but I wouldn't exactly say I "rested". I packed most of my weekly chores into Sunday (produce shopping, laundry, cleaning) which included about 3 miles worth of walking. Then I cooked food for a potluck I attend with friends on the 2nd Sunday of every month. I tried to keep it healthy: kabobs made of chicken breast and red onion with a lemon-pepper yogurt sauce (used lowfat yogurt).

Having completed Week 1, with 8 more to go I'm pretty sure there is going to come a time when I falter, particularly because in order to do what I am doing, much of the rest of my life has to be put briefly on hold. By the time I get home from work, it's roughly 6:00 pm. It takes me a little while to change into work-out clothes and prep. I'm usually done with the workout by 7:30, collapse for a few moments and take a quick rinse-off shower. Then I start prepping dinner. By now it's somewhere around 9:30 - not exactly a great time to go out and start hooting it up when I've got to be at work the next morning (and have enough sleep to be strong through the next day's workout).

But, it IS only 8 weeks. As I'm writing this, I'm wondering where the hell 2009 went (it seems like I was just finishing up my MPA, but that happened at the end of 2008). Not that I'm unhappy to see 2009 end, because GAH, what a crap year overall (for the world, not necessarily me personally) - but comparatively, 8 weeks is nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment