Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 17

DVD - Pure Cardio
DVD - Cardio Abs


The sequence got a little skewed tonight. For the first two weeks, it went 1) Plyometric Cardio Circuit; 2) Cardio Power & Resistance; 3) Cardio Power (& Abs), with Cardio Recovery and the rest day falling sometimes between that sequence. I did Plyo yesterday, so should have done Power & Resistance today. For the rest of this month, Cardio Power & Cardio Abs will always follow Plyo.

I twisted my ankle slightly today on the walk home from BART. Slippery wet ground & pumps are not the safest combo, but my flat shoes were soaked through this morning when I was outside waiting for a bus in the heaviest part of our most recent storm's deluge. That made some of Pure Cardio difficult. It isn't throbbing or swollen in any way, just a little tender when moving in certain ways, or if I poke at it. I'm hoping the tenderness will be gone by Friday when I do Cardio Power & Resistance again (the yoga and stretching of Cardio Recovery won't tax my ankle much tomorrow).

Luckily, Cardio Abs is done mostly on the floor so there was no additional taxing of my ankle. However, Cardio Abs seemed a lot easier the first time. There are no crunches or sit-ups, but that doesn't make the moves easy.

An example: Sit on the floor in the C-sit position. Place your palms on the floor next to you, so they are in front and to the side of your glutes. Now, lift your legs and draw them into your chest, then extend and lift your straight legs into the air. Do this repeatedly for a minute, never letting your feet touch the ground. And do this after you've the same with each leg on its own, as well as a couple of other ab moves in the C-sit position.

Struggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment