Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 22

DVD - Pure Cardio
DVD - Cardio Abs


My ankle was able to handle more of the workout tonight, but I still had to baby it which meant that I wasn't at full cardio capacity. It's frustrating to have my progress seemingly stalled owing to an injury I could have avoided if only I'd had another pair of flat shoes, or had been able to telecommute to the office rather than actually commute like I'd wanted given the storm.

What I have to keep in mind is that though I haven't grown my ability to manage the cardio pace I have been working hard and I am experience positive physical changes. I'm not supposed to officially take my body measurements until this coming Sunday at the 4 week mark, but I broke out the tailor's tape today anyway. At just over 3 weeks I've lost just over 2 inches from my waist, about an inch and a half from my hips and good progress on my uppers thighs and upper arms. With most of the weeks' workouts still to come, I anticipate even better progress on Sunday when I take my sanctioned readings.

I can also feel the results, and I don't mean things like "more energy" or "sleeping better", though both of course are true. I mean, when I feel my body, I note a difference. There is less to pinch on the sides of my torso, and good god my quads are getting hard and tight. I think by the end of Insanity you might just be able to see the definition of the muscles in my thighs.

No comments:

Post a Comment