Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 16

DVD - Plyometric Cardio Circuit

I noticed a breakthrough this evening. I made it through the first interval circuit set with minimal breaks; one, maybe two per circuit that lasted about 5 seconds each. But when I took the breaks, it tended to be toward the end of an interval circuit, when I knew the 30 second rest break was coming up. An extra 5 or 10 seconds per 2-minute circuit is a lot better than multiple breaks that total more. With any luck, I'll be able to get through all of the first circuit without any extra breaks, just in time for the 2nd month and 2nd set of DVDs.

The second interval circuit set was a little harder to push through than it has been. I'm pretty sure this is because I expended more energy up front by being and staying stronger during the first interval set. This mirrors the crew pretty well: they all fall off at some point during the second set of intervals.

What is interesting to me is that at the same time as I am adapting to the workout, it really isn't getting any easier. I'm just able to get more of everything done, and with better form. The nice thing about Cardio Circuit Training is that your body never completely adapts to the workout, which means you will never plateau as long as you give it all you've got each time. You'll get faster and do more reps in the allotted time, but your ass is still going to be kicked after each workout just as hard as it was the first (albeit with less soreness later). I like that. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment