Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 21

DVD - None

That's it for week 3, I have 6 more to go.

Last week seemed to drag. This week didn't have that same unending feeling, thank goodness.

What it did have, though, was ankle pain. I'm a little worried going into next week that I won't be able to push as hard to get myself ready for the 2nd phase. I think I'm a little more worried because I know that I don't go straight from the first set of DVDs to the 2nd - I have this nebulous sounding "recovery week" in between. It isn't recovery as in I don't do any workouts. Quite the contrary. I'm supposed to do Core Cardio & Balance Monday through Sunday of the 5th week. Since I have the "Deluxe" edition of Insanity, I can alternate Core with another DVD called Max Interval Sports Training. I really don't know what to expect from these two workouts. "Max Interval" and "Cardio" suggest they will be ass-kickers. But calling it a "recovery" week makes me think the two workouts will be more like the Cardio Recovery disc, essentially just stretching and yoga.

I suppose I could watch them both to see what to expect, but I've been so far I've been trying not to watch the discs before I do them for the first time, with the notable exception of Cardio Abs.

If the recovery week is stretching and yoga, that makes me worry more about my readiness for the 2nd series of DVDs. If my ankle doesn't improve and/or I am unable to work around it, I will have gone more than 2 weeks without making it through one of the discs of the first set at my max cardio capacity. It also means my max cardio capacity won't have been steadily improving.

Well, FUCK.

I guess I'm just going to have to deal with the ankle and push myself. I'm a third of the way through, and I don't want to stop because my ankle kinda hurts, and with 6 more weeks to go, I'm not eager to pro-long the ordeal. A single girl can only willingly give up most of her opportunity for social interaction for so long without becoming horribly depressed or otherwise just batshit crazy. And by "a girl", I mean me.

On a happier note, I saw a couple of people this weekend who I haven't seen in 2 weeks or more, one of whom is probably more familiar with my body than I am. Both of them commented that they noticed I am getting slimmer, particularly around my core. When I've been working this hard, that's a really nice thing to hear.

1 comment:

  1. I continue to admire your persistence. Never get in the way of a determined Nugget!

    ReplyDelete