Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 26

DVD - Pure Cardio
DVD - Cardio Abs


Good warm-up today. I'm still a little perturbed I'm not able to get all the way through the warm-up like I had been doing before the ankle incident. Still, I was able to get through more of the meat of the workout than I have been in about a week. Part of me is actually tempted to go back and repeat one of the weeks (not this week though, because of the skewed rotation of the workouts). I have a fit test coming up next weekend and I don't think I'm going to have made much, if any progress at all. I think this is the kind of thing where you need to have steady, daily improvement. And the fact that I just couldn't give it my all for a week has to have affected my rep capacity, in the same way it's affected my ability to get all through the warm-up.

I'm frustrated with my weight loss progress to date and beating myself up a little bit for it. I was hoping for more progress in the fat loss department than I've made this month, and I feel like the week of taking it easier than the workout demands has stalled that more than would have been true otherwise. With only 5 more weeks to go, I'm not feeling as optimistic that I'll reach my goals as I was at the end of week 2. What makes that even more frustrating is that I am devoting a lot of time to this by following the meal plans (it's time consuming to have to prepare 5 meals a day that aren't pre-packaged) and keeping up with the 6-workout-per-week schedule. I'm feeling like I've given up a lot, for not as much progress as I like.

I'm hoping after the recovery week when I start the 2nd phase the results will speed up a little bit. The workouts will be longer by 10 to 20 minutes depending on which one, but I'm not sure how much of those extra minutes I'll be able to get through. I'd be feeling better about it if I knew I'd been steadily progressing with my ability to get through the shorter workouts, but that hasn't been the case since I hurt my stupid ankle.

I'm trying to remind myself that part of doing Insanity is just to see if I can get through it - it's just that it's such an effort I'd appreciate more in the way of visually verifiable results.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you were expecting, but I think you're doing well. You definitely look smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was just expecting a little more relative to the effort I've been putting out, you know? When I saw your results today - I'm at about the same place you are and I've been working so hard! I know I should only compare me to me, but still.

    ReplyDelete