Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 24

DVD - Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

Huzzah! My ankle held up. Took about a week. It still hurt a little toward the end of the workout, but not so much that it had any effect on my ability to do the workout. I was ecstatic. I'd halfway begun to believe maybe I just had weak ankles and I'd reached the critical point with my right ankle. Or maybe my new shoes were the culprit. I often by 7 1/2 because I have wide feet, and the unless shoes are 7W, 7's tend not to fit. The 7 1/2 in the FILAs I bought was both too long and too wide, so I bought 7s. I was starting to worry that my ankles were having trouble with the arch being in a different spot than my old shoes, but when I checked, those were 7's, too. So, not the shoes. Not a general ankle weakness. Just a little strain that took a week to repair itself.

I thought this would be my last night of Plyo, because of the rotation. But it turns out I do Plyo again on Saturday, when I thought I would be doing Cardio Power & Resistance. Turns out, I did Power and Resistance for the last time on Monday. For some reason, this last week, the whole order got skewed. I suspect part of it is that Plyo is a bit longer than Power & Resistance, and the goal is to get you ready for the even longer workouts that come during month two. I'm a little sad though, that I didn't get to "say goodbye" to Resistance & Power by kicking ass all through my last turn with it - although maybe if I had known I would have pushed myself harder than my ankle could sustain that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment